Retrospekt believes in sharing the magic of retro technology.
Over the last decade we've saved over 250,000 cameras, portable cassette players and video game systems from the landfill. Our team gives these devices a new life through a comprehensive refurbishment process that faithfully restores each item to perform like it did the day it was originally manufactured. In our increasingly fast-paced world, it can be easy for digital convenience to become digital overload. Retrospekt hopes the items we offer will provide people with an opportunity to slow down, step back and enjoy a more tactile and intentional experience.
We’re looking for a creative yet methodical product photography intern to shoot, edit and organize new product photos and also create new product listing for our ecommerce platforms. Depending on ability, we’d also love to get this person involved in conceptualizing and photographing content for social media and other brand outlets.
- Painstakingly apply existing photography standards to produce consistent product photos in a studio setting
- Edit photos for quality and consistency
- Create, update and maintain product listings
- Organize and methodically manage digital assets
- Aid in image-based content creation for social and brand applications
Required skills and attributes include:
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- A self-starting attitude who can take direction when necessary but is also capable of operating independently
- Extreme attention to detail
- The ability to draw cues from existing photography and use them to recreate new work in a similar style
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A passion for organization
- Familiarity with MacOS
True stand-outs will have:
- Direct studio and/or location photography experience
- Proficiency with other applications in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Familiarity with Shopify’s admin interface
- Have, or in active pursuit of, a degree in a related field
- Copywriting experience
- Tolerance for, or outright enjoyment of, ambient music
Wages, Hours, & Benefits
- This is a paid internship with compensation based on skill and experience.
- This internship is a four month term with opportunity for joining Retrospekt as a full-time employee thereafter.
- Position is for 24-30 hours per week.
- Office hours are between 8am-4:30pm. Evening and weekend hours are not required or available for this position.
- All work will be completed on site at our space in Milwaukee.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume/CV to email@example.com.
To truly succeed in this position you’ll need to produce many high-quality images of different products with identical layout and lighting. But that doesn’t mean we don’t want to see what drives your photography mind. If you have a portfolio or personal work to share (even if not directly related to product photography), we highly encourage it. Again, we are honing in on a candidate with proficiency in Photoshop, so please comment on this in your cover letter. Resumes/letters with no indication of Photoshop experience will not be considered.