Retrospekt believes in sharing the magic of retro technology.
Over the last decade we've saved over 250,000 cameras, portable cassette players and video game systems from the landfill. Our team gives these devices a new life through a comprehensive refurbishment process that faithfully restores each item to perform like it did the day it was originally manufactured. In our increasingly fast-paced world, it can be easy for digital convenience to become digital overload. Retrospekt hopes the items we offer will provide people with an opportunity to slow down, step back and enjoy a more tactile and intentional experience.
We’re looking for a creative yet methodical product photography intern to shoot, edit and organize new product photos and also create new product listing for our e-commerce platforms.
- Methodically apply existing photography standards to produce consistent product photos in a studio setting
- Edit photos for quality and consistency
- Create, update and maintain product listings in Shopify
- Assist product fulfillment team with inventory management
- Conduct inventory counts for physical to online inventory consistency
- Help fulfill online orders
- Occasionally assist with customer service inquiries
Required skills and attributes include:
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- A self-starting attitude who can take direction when necessary but is also capable of operating independently
- Extreme attention to detail
- A love of everything "being in its proper place"
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A passion for organization
- Familiarity with MacOS
True stand-outs will have:
- Direct studio and/or location photography experience
- Proficiency with other applications in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Familiarity with Shopify’s admin interface
- Have, or in active pursuit of, a degree in a related field
- Copywriting experience
Wages, Hours, & Benefits
- This is a paid internship with compensation based on skill and experience.
- This internship is a four month term with opportunity for joining Retrospekt as a full-time employee thereafter.
- Position is for 24-30 hours per week.
- Office hours are between 8am-4:30pm. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours are not required or available for this position.
- All work will be completed on site at our space in Milwaukee.
- We require masks in all common areas. All workstations/desks are properly distanced. If you are not willing to wear a mask as you interact with other employees, please refrain from applying.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To truly succeed in this position you’ll need to produce many high-quality images of different products with identical layout and lighting. While we consider ourselves a creative bunch, please note that this job offers very little opportunity for creative expression through photography. However, it very much appeals to those who like consistent, predictable work and get joy out of being organized, intentional, and methodical.