Vintage Refurbished [ℹ]
Polaroid 600 SLR 680 Folding Instant Film Camera
The SLR 680 is the holy grail of folding Polaroid cameras. While the original models came into the market in the 1970s, the SLR 680 was introduced in the 1980s and is the first and only folding SLR camera to both shoot 600 film, have a built-in flash and an autofocusing mechanism. The autofocus mechanism (that big gold circle) uses actual sonar waves to focus on the subject matter, helping you get crisp photos each time. With the built-in flash, you can comfortably shoot in low-light environments. For a more hands-on approach, the autofocus mechanism and flash can be shut off. The SLR 680s also feature the tripod mount and strap lugs found on Alpha and sonar models, making them the most versatile and decked-out of the Polaroid folding cameras.
True to the original models offered by Polaroid, we are continuing the tradition by offering three slightly different cosmetic options. There are no functional differences between the three.
This is a genuine piece of vintage retro tech - refurbished and restored by Retrospekt. Our process includes:
- Deconstructing the camera to its base components
- Verifying the form and function of each piece
- Repairing and replacing pieces whenever necessary, but also...
- Retaining original pieces whenever reasonably possible
- Cleaning all optical and viewing components including lenses and fresnels
- Polishing exterior components
- Applying new Italian leather replacement coverings
- Packaging each camera in a specially made box